Make Your City SMART
Competition closed!!! Shortlisted entries will have to appear for jury on August 6 ,2016. Only shortlisted entries will be intimated via mail for next procedure.
Street Redesigning Contest : 1. List of registered candidates 2. List of shortlisted candidates
Reimagining Sinhgad Road in Pune city
Pune smart city development corporation Ltd. invites all the citizens to participate in the international ideas competition to "reimagine Sinhgad Road" in Pune city.
The street selected for this purpose is 'Sinhgad Road' (also called as Narvir Tanaji Malusare Road) for a stretch of 1.5 km from Dandekar Bridge to Navshya Maruti Chowk. This particular stretch comprises of mixed use on both the sides of street, slum area, municipal water pumping station and one of the largest well-designed garden in Pune, all of them giving rise to various street activities.
Guiding principles for the design
The "Ideas" to be submitted by the citizens should be based on the following principles,
- Pedestrians first / promoting walkability
- Designing for transit users/ bicyclists
- Enhanced street connectivity and access
- Universal access for physically challenged
- Addressing landuse, sidewalk encroachment issues
- Safety of motorvehicles /traffic calming/ parking management
- Promoting pedestrian safety/ obstacle free movement
- Implementing safe crossings at intersections
- Enhanced street character/ attractive public realm
- Providing thermal comfort/ shade for walking
- Ease of maintenance and implementation
- Use of appropriate softscape , trees, vegetation
- Appropriate street furniture and furnishings
- Promoting sustainability through stormwater management
All jury members will review the submissions for the quality of their response and give the score out of 100 based on the following criteria. Average of scores will be calculated to decide the winning entry.
- Problem statement and overall vision for the project site area- 10
- Social and Economic impact of the idea proposed- 25
- Clarity & Ease of Implementation of Idea- 25
- Idea to enhance the cultural qualities of the site - 10
- Environmental Sustainability- 20
- Aesthetic merit of the Idea- 10
- Participants must register at the www.punesmartcity.in
- Only one entry is allowed per submission.
||Key issues identified by the participant based on:
- Own assessment/observation
- Data available as part of the Audit Report
||Salient features of the proposed solution
- Description of the key solutions proposed and how these will help address the issues identified
- Key benefits that can be expected due to implementation of the proposed design
||Graphical presentation of proposed solution
- The proposed concept may be explained through sketches, artist impressions, maps, architectural drawings, 3d visualizations as per the preference of participants.
- Details of individual components such as furniture, horticulture elements, signage's etc may be provided
- Textual detailing/explanation of design elements(whenever needed)
||Any additional details
The following attachments will be provided after registration:
- Existing situation report
- Road total station survey in vector format
- Site Photographs
These appendices are released only to registered applicants of the competition. Please register here.
P U N E Smart City Development Corporation Limited
Smart City Cell
2nd Floor, PMC Main Building,
Shivaji Nagar, 411005