Chief Minister to Launch Pune Smart City Projects
Pune Smart City’s Smart E-bus, SCOC, Office Ride App, Smart Street, Smart Placemaking Projects to be launched
Pune: Key projects implemented by Pune Smart City Development Corporation Ltd. will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday, 9 February 2019 at 3PM at Sanas Ground.
CEO, PSCDCL Dr. Rajendra Jagtap informed that Pune Smart City has developed the projects in view of the smart development of various infrastructures in the city. This includes projects like Smart Electric Bus, Smart City Operations Center, Office Ride Application, Smart Street Redesign, Placemaking Sites, and Smart Schools.
Under the Smart E-bus project, a total of 150 electric buses are being procured under the Phase 1. In this phase, 25 Nine-meter non-BRT AC electric buses are procured and 125 twelve-meter BRT AC electric buses will be included soon. Brief information about the projects is as follows:
- Smart Electric Bus Project:
- The Smart City Plan for Pune had identified procurement and operation of electric buses as a key mobility initiative. Based on the discussions between PMC, PSCDCL, PMPML and PSCDCL, it was decided that the overall procurement would be done for 500 electric buses for Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad cities over various phases.
- PSCDCL has been working with PMPML for the procurement of electric buses for Pune City. PSCDCL has also earmarked Rs. 70 crore for as contribution for the procurement of electric buses as well as support facilities such as charging infrastructure, in line with the Pune Smart City Plan.
- A total of 150 electric buses are being procured under the Phase 1
- Part A: 25 Nine-meter non-BRT AC electric buses
- Part B: 125 twelve-meter BRT AC electric buses
- Smart City Operations Centre:
- The Smart City Operations Center (SCOC) is part of the critical IT infrastructure being developed by PSCDCL under the ambitious Rs.155 crore Smart Elements Project in Pune City.
- The SCOC is a state of art command and control centre which seamlessly integrates the smart infrastructure (including the Smart Elements as well as current and future IT infrastructure) being developed in Pune city for monitoring and managing city operations.
- In addition, integration with third party systems introduced by other agencies such as traffic police, PMPML etc such as e-challan, ITMS, Surveillance, Smart Lighting, etc. has also been completed.
- Launch of Office Ride- an app based shared mobility solution
- Ford Smart Mobility in association with Pune Smart City Development Corporation Limited (PSCDCL) and Hinjewadi Industries Association is launching Office Ride- an app based shared mobility solution.
- By encouraging the use of shared mobility, Office Ride will help reduce traffic, congestion and pollution and provide a daily commute alternative to potentially 350,000 corporate employees commuting to Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park. Users will be able to plan their commute, book rides and track the vehicle through the Office Ride app.
- Redesign of Streets
- As part of the Smart City Plan for Pune, street redesign projects have been proposed in the Aundh-Baner-Balewadi area. Under this initiative, a total length of around 42 km is being implemented for an estimated cost of Rs. 300 crore. Out of that the stretch on MITCON road will be launched at the hands of Hon. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- The redesign of streets is being done for a stretch of 10.2 km in Baner, a stretch of 16.5 KM in Balewadi and 4.5 KM in Aundh area. This is currently being implemented as part of the above initiative. This includes development of detailed urban street guidelines, and development of utility infrastructure for power, water and drainage with a horizon of 25 years.
- Placemaking sites
PSCDCL is undertaking the transformation of more than 20 abandoned and unused land parcels as theme based smart urban spaces for citizens and the local community. These placemaking initiatives vary across multiple themes including art & culture, skill development & e-learning, leisure, innovation and ecology, fitness, etc. The following cover two placemaking sites proposed to be launched.
- Science Park
- The Science Park is developed over 10,000 square feet with the objective of inculcating interest for science subjects among children by providing a playful environment.
- The Bookzania placemaking site is developed over 6500 square feet with the objective of encouraging the reading habit among citizens.
- The site identified, and location complement the theme with a calm neighborhood and large trees- with features to encourage interaction with nature, board games that can help bonding, attractive seating for elders, child friendly seating for kids and book structures to play etc.
- Smart Schools
Under the Pune Smart City mission, it is proposed to upgrade Pune city’s neighborhoods to world-class livability standards in a phased manner, starting with local area pilots. This would be a holistic transformation of neighborhoods across core infrastructure and social infrastructure like schools and healthcare. Under this initiative, PSCDCL is proposing a rapid transformation of PMC schools in the Aundh-Baner-Balewadi area into Smart Schools. The objective is to quickly transform the existing schools through thematic implementation of Smart school initiatives.
Last modified: Thursday February 7th, 2019