Pune Smart City signs a MoU with Bosch India Foundation for Traffic Education Park in Pune
Traffic Education Park Is To Educate Various Age Groups About The Traffic Rules And Regulations
- Bosch India Foundation to undertake design, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance of the park
- Approximate area of 3.3 acres of land is being planned for the Traffic Education Park
Pune: – Pune Smart City Development Corporation Limited (PSCDCL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bosch India Foundation for the creation of Traffic Education Park in Pune, Maharashtra. Formalities of agreement were done in the presence of Hon. Guardian Minister of Pune District Girish Bapat. Area Development Officer of PSCDCL Mr. Vasant Patil and General Manager of Bosh India Foundation Mr. Mohan Patil were present as representatives of respective organizations.
The objective of the traffic park is to educate various age groups about the traffic rules and regulations through some real time scenarios making the learning process extremely effective.
CEO, PSCDCL Dr. Rajendra Jagtap said, “The Traffic Education Park This Park will bring about a paradigm shift in the attitude of citizens towards road safety. I am thankful to Hon. Mayor Smt. Mukta Tilak, Municipal Commissioner Mr. Saurabh Rao, DCP Traffic Ms. Tejaswi Satpute, and PSCDCL director & corporator Mr. Sanjay Bhosale for their special efforts for this Traffic Education Park.”
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Ms. Tejaswi Satpute was quoted saying, “This is definitely a positive move as it creates awareness and imparts knowledge to citizens across various age groups on traffic rules and regulations. The Traffic Education Park shall also focus on children aged 15 or below to impact children’s knowledge on traffic rules during their formative years.”
The park shall endeavor to bring awareness and impart knowledge to the citizens of various age groups about the traffic rules, regulations and best practices through in-person real-time demonstrations and educational sessions. The ‘Traffic Education Park’ shall focus more on children aged 15 or below to help them understand the importance of traffic rules and regulations from a younger age. However, the traffic education discipline is meant for all age groups.
Under the Smart City Mission, PSCDCL is rapidly improving the social and physical infrastructure in Pune through various initiatives which focus on sustainable and inclusive developments in the city.The park will be operated and maintained by Bosch India Foundation for 5 years and subsequently handed back to the authority.
An approximate area of 3.3 acres of land is being planned for this Traffic Education Park and would include:
- Traffic Education: Complete models of roads, signals, intersections and bridges will be created in the park including pathways for pedestrians and bicycle users. This will make the learning process seamless for all visiting the park
- Simulators: Will house simulators for two-wheelers, three wheelers and four wheelers to enhance the skill-building training facilities which in turn will also generate employment opportunities for citizens
- Children’s Play area: Dedicated area with a Jungle gym, swing and activity area for toddlers
Major portion of the traffic park will be covered with road tracks, pavement markings, and zebra crossing, and will also include footpaths and traffic islands.
Last modified: Monday November 4th, 2019